Lab Technician for the Santa Fe Brewing Co.
Santa Fe brewing Company is looking for a Lab Technician to join our growing QA/QC program. The Lab Technician will be responsible for completing daily measurements and analyses throughout the brewing process to package at the direction of the Head of QA/QC.
- Facilitate and manage data of daily beer sensory panel.
- Measure and record daily fermentation statistics.
- Run chemical analysis on beer with spectrophotometer- VDK distillation, AA, SRM, FAN testing.
- Yeast counting and yeast management.
- Complete daily microbiological sampling program- testing wort, beer in process, and packaged beer using aseptic technique.
- Assist packaging staff by checking packaged oxygen levels.
- Accurately record data into quality database.
- Complete weekly laboratory preparation- pour agar plates, measure instrument calibration curves, and prep reagents.
- Maintain a clean and organized lab.
- With the direction of senior leadership, design and execute trials to help improve beer quality
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A solid understanding of Chemistry and Microbiology in the context of a brewery, 4-year degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Experience working with spectrophotometer, aseptic technique, plating, hemocytometer and microscope.
- Flexibility in scheduling, position will require weekend work and flexibility in hours.
- Strong communication skills.
- A positive attitude.
- The ability the adapt to change and help shape it.
- Company Sponsored Healthcare w/ 50% Company Subsidy for Employee (after 90 days of continuous employment)
- 401K retirement plan w/ 3% Company Contribution Annually
- 100% Company Funded Life Insurance Plan
If interested please send Resume and cover letter to: