SANTA FE BREWING CO.
Position: Maintenance Technician 2
A Maintenance Technician 2 at Santa Fe Brewing Company is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance to the brewery’s process equipment and plant utilities. This position will also be tasked with documenting and communicating tasks along with supporting the rest of the brewery’s facilities.
This position is best suited to a highly organized mechanical or electrical technician with transferable skills and prior experience in food or beverage production. This position currently reports to the Brewmaster, but works closely with Production, Operations, and Quality departments. This is a Full-Time, benefits-eligible hourly position.
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Diagnose problems and execute repairs of process equipment
- Perform routine maintenance of process equipment
- Perform routine maintenance of plant utilities, incl. boilers, chillers, air compressors, HVAC, etc.
- Coordination with Production
- Maintain work schedules and checklists to share with Production
- Complete necessary paperwork for all repairs and maintenance activities
- Use CMMS software system to record and communicate PMs, Work Orders, Parts Orders, Parts Inventories, etc.
- Maintain clean, safe, and orderly work areas
- Assist and improve maintenance procedures
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies:
- 1+ years’ experience maintenance work in a manufacturing setting required. Food or beverage plant experience desired.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Additional relevant education or certifications desired.
- Demonstrated mechanical skills required, including but not limited to those listed below:
- Proficient mechanical skillset, including motors, fluid transfer, heat exchange, etc required. Specific process manufacturing skills, including familiarity with pumps, valves, seals, pneumatics, and systems troubleshooting desired..
- Proficient electrical diagnostic skills required. Electrical wiring and familiarity with MCCs preferred. Automated equipment wiring desired.
- Proficient plumbing skills required. Basic welding skills desired.
- Basic industrial controls skills, including familiarity with PLCs, VFDs, and diagnostics desired.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- MS Office skills required. CMMS skills desired.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision required.
- Detail Oriented and Proactive. Able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment required
- At least 21 years of age required. An interest in brewing desired.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Able to work with powerlift equipment
- Able to lift materials up to 55 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Able to work in wet, tight, or cramped spaces and in an environment with high noise levels
- Able to work with hazardous chemicals
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (boots, gloves, apron, eye protection, etc.)
- Able to perform job with and around moving machinery
- Potential exposure to hot fluids, live steam, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, particulate atmospheres, carbon dioxide, variable temperature levels, and wet floors and clothing.
- Department: Maintenance
- Reports to: Brewmaster
- FLSA Status: Hourly
- Compensation: $25/HR DOE
- Benefits: Competitive Health Care, Time Off (PTO, sick, and holidays), and 401k plans
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com